Noon Gate is only used for the King. Royal Palace consists of more 100 beautiful constructional works divided many sectors.
From the Ngo Mon to the Thai Hoa Palace: This is the place for setting up various grand ceremonies.
Sector for worship shrines of the King of the Nguyen dynasty: Trieu Mieu, Thai Mieu, Hung Mieu, The Mieu and Phung Tien place.
Sector for internal affairs office: Storehouse for precious objects, workshop for manufacturing various useful articles.
Sectors for the Kham Van palace and the Co Ha garden: place where the princes are studying or enjoying.
+ Summer: from 6:30 to 17:30
+ Winter: from 7:00 to 17:00
Entrance fee: 105.000VND for foreigners (2014)
- Ngọ Môn. The main southern entrance to the city, built in 1833 by Minh Mang. The central door, and the bridge connecting to it, were reserved exclusively for the emperor. Climb up to the second floor for a nice view of the exquisite courtyard. The Ngo Mon Gate is the principal entrance to the Imperial Enclosure. The Emperor would address his officials and the people from the top of this gate.
- Thái Hòa Palace. The emperor's coronation hall, where he would sit in state and receive foreign dignitaries.
- Trường Sanh Residence. Translated as the "Palace of Longevity", the Truong Sanh Palace was the residence of King Tu Duc’s mother, Empress Tu Du, under the Nguyen Dynasty in the 19th century. It lies in Forbidden Purple City (Tu Cam Thanh), one of the two major parts of the Hue Citadel.
- Forbidden Purple City. Directly behind Thai Hoa Palace, but it was almost entirely destroyed.
Some cultural activities are presented at Dai Noi (Hue Imperial Citadel), no extra admission:
- The Change of Guards ceremony: take place at Ngo Mon from 09:00 to 09:30 (daily held);
- Performance of court music (Small music) in front of Thai Hoa Palace (daily held) at:
* 08:00 – 10:30 and 14:00 – 16:00
- Performance of court music (Great music) in front of The Mieu (daily held) at:
* 09:00 – 11:00 and 14:30 – 16:30
- Performance of Hue chamber music (Ca Hue) is daily held in Truong Sanh Residence
There is no performance in heavy rainy weather.